Seniors Festival Writing Awards 2023
Port Phillip Writes is an annual event that showcases the imagination and creative expression of Seniors within the City of Port Phillip.
This event is open to all City of Port Phillip residents, workers and Library members aged 55 years and over.
Entry submission and award
You can submit one fictional story, poem or a non-fiction piece on any topic. All entries will be published in the Port Phillip Writes publication. Entrants will receive a certificate and two copies of the publication. Outstanding entries are eligible for an award. Participants will be advised as to how we can celebrate the Port Phillip Writes awards in October.
For more information
If you require assistance to translate, type your entry or any other enquiries please contact:
Download Seniors Festival Writing Award Form
How to submit your entry
Please read conditions of entry below before you complete this form.
We would appreciate all entries to be submitted via email. Please make sure that you have completed all sections before you submit this form and your entry.
You can send this form and your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can still enter via post. You may call us to let us know you will be entering this way.
Telephone: 03 9209 6777
To enter via post, send your entries to:
City of Port Phillip Seniors’ Festival Private Bag No 3, St Kilda 3182
Conditions of entry
- All entries are to be your own original, unpublished work.
- Entrants must either be present or past City of Port Phillip residents or have previously or presently work in Port Phillip or belong to the Port Phillip Libraries and are aged 55 years or over.
- Work must be submitted in one of three categories: fictional story, poem or non-fiction piece on any topic.
- All categories have a maximum of 1000 words - no minimum limit applies.
- One entry per participant.
- Digital formats are preferred – using a word program such as Microsoft Word (for pc users) or Text (for Mac users) – and submitted by email.
- No images or illustrations accepted. 8. Works on paper can be submitted but they must be typed. These will need to be checked by the writer once they are typed.
- Entries must be submitted no later than Friday 30 June 2023.
- Entries will not be returned.
- The judges’ decision shall be final, and no correspondence will be entered into. 12. Copyright remains with the author.
- The City of Port Phillip reserves the right to retain copies of the works and to reproduce them in consultation with the writer.
- Works over the word limit or deemed R+ rated by the judges will not be accepted or published in the Port Phillip Writes publication.
- A 50-word maximum biography on the author (written in the third person) must be supplied with each entry.
- A coloured head shot photograph of the author must be supplied for publication. Please ensure that the photo is in high quality resolution and includes only head and shoulders