Catalogue outage – Sunday, 19 February, 2017
The library’s catalogue will be unavailable from 8.30pm – 9.30pm due to required maintenance. Access to some e-resources such as OverDrive and BorrowBox may be affected during this period too.
Important changes to Albert Park's Monday story times
Beginning 2017, we’ll be making some major changes to the Monday story time sessions at Albert Park. The changes are being made as a result of the high numbers attending these sessions; at times we’ve had up to 250 bodies packed into a confined space, and it’s become an issue of the safety and welfare of the attendees. If, in an emergency, we had to evacuate the building we could not do it successfully.
One change already introduced is the baby rhyme time program at Emerald Hill on Monday mornings aimed at the 0-18 months age group, in an attempt to divert that age group away from the Albert Park story times, and to provide a more age-specific session for these babies.
To address the issue of overcrowding we plan to introduce a token system, one that has been used in Sydney and overseas libraries. This will be a trial for a period of three months and we welcome all feedback.
How will it work?
- Tokens for the 10.00 and 11.00 o’clock story times will be available for collection, in person, from the preceding Wednesday to the Monday programs.
- One token per child, one per adult, with a limit of 150.
- The tokens will be handed in as you arrive for the story times.
How will you know if a session is booked out?
- If a session is booked out we will place notices on the front doors of the Library.
- There will be information on the Library’s homepage.
- We will change the recorded telephone message to indicate a booked-out session