Helping with homework
Take the stress out of homework. Why not get online, call or drop into one of our libraries to get help with homework and research.
What can we expect from the library?
- Friendly library staff, who can help locate information and resources.
- Factual books to borrow or refer to in the library to help with school assignments on a range of topics as well as online resources including databases, websites and e-books.
- Free internet use for up to 90 minutes per day, or connect to our free wifi service.
- Comfortable spaces for homework and research
Using the library from home
- Search our catalogue, reserve items and access information online from home.
- Use your card number and pin to reserve items and access the online resources via the library website. You can request items on loan or at another library to be delivered to your closest library. This is a free service.
Tips for a successful visit to the library
Prepare – Bring your homework questions, pen, paper and photocopying money (20c a page).
Leave lots of time – If you leave it to the last minute all the books might be on loan. Don’t fret! We have online resources and reference books that you can use in the library.
Ask yourself questions - What do you need to find out?
Never leave without asking for help – If you haven’t found what you are looking for just ask for help! You can also call the library or ask a question online.