1000 books before school
Help your child develop a love of books and reading by participating in the statewide '1000 Books Before School' program.
By sharing books and stories together you are giving your child a head start, by increasing their vocabulary and cognitive skills.
Reading to your child regularly helps to develop their literacy skills and gets them school ready too!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED?
- Become a member of the City of Port Phillip Library Service to register your child in the program.
- Collect your Reading Record and Reading Kit to get started. You can also print off additional Reading Records:
- Mark, colour or sticker your Reading Record each time your child has read a book (these include those that were heard at preschool, kindergarten or library story time).
- Every story and book counts (no matter how many times it’s read)!
- When you reach a milestone come into the library to collect a reward. There are milestone rewards for 100, 250, 500, 750 and 1000 books.
The program finishes once your child has read 1000 Books or starts school.
Want more information?
Check out the 1000 Books Before School Frequently Asked Questions